Blueprint Upper Intermediate is the fourth level in the highly successful Blueprint series. It takes students to a level equivalent to the Cambridge First Certificate in English, and meets the specific needs of students at the upper intermediate level who wish to consolidate and broaden their range of language skills.
Blueprint offers a systematic programme of revision and extension, enabling students to generate language accurately in a variety of situations, ranging from formal exam and study tasks to informal conversations.
- Focus sections present new language clearly and concisely.
- Inductive Review sections challenge students to reflect on how the language works.
- A Grammar Reference section provides a thorough and comprehensive summary for student reference and revision.
Blueprint develops fluency in the four skills, helping students to deal confidently with different types of written and spoken texts.
- Reading techniques are developed through the study of a wide selection of authentic reading passages, including British and American literature.
- A comprehensive writing syllabus explores a variety of text types.
- Regular vocabulary exercises examine word-building techniques, lexical sets and dictionary skills.
- A careful balance of authentic and scripted listening material builds confidence whilst offering a stimulating challenge.
Blueprint gives students a sense of involvement, achievement and independence.
- Challenging topics stimulate discussion and roleplay.
- Check sections and Workbook tests enable students to monitor their progress.
- A Study Skills Review gives practical advice on how to develop study habits.