"Landmark" is a general English course for adults and young adults available at two levels. Intermediate and Upper Intermediate. Interesting skills work, with a special focus on improving speaking and listening, is combined with grammar work which brings review and new input together, and vocabulary development. Activities develop the learner's ability to work independently, and maintain motivation by building on the knowledge that the learner brings to the course.
- skills work which helps learners to listen and read "between the lines";
- interesting, fresh texts from authentic sources;
- a discovery approach to grammar in context;
- vocabulary development, with a focus on topics;
- functional work to improve speaking strategies;
- short extracts from real conversations to build confidence in listening;
- a developmental writing syllabus;
- clearly divided lesson sequences within each unit.
Each level has a Student's Book with two Class cassettes, a Workbook and a Teacher"s Book.
The Intermediate Workbook has practice of the grammar and vocabulary introduced in the Student's Book, plus a "Read for pleasure" section. The Teacher's Book has detailed lesson notes and a full answer key, plus photocopiable practice materials and six tests.