The "Matrix" series prepares secondary students for school-leaving examinations in English.
- Engaging texts provide authentic input for the development of students' reading and listening skills.
- Grammar is presented and practiced by contrasting structures and tenses which are commonly confused.
- Extensive vocabulary development increases active and passive knowledge. Word focus pages provide vocabulary consolidation and extension.
- Speaking is practiced through a wide range of controlled and freer activities, encouraging students to take part in more structured discussions and to express their own ideas.
- Listening texts are based on authentic materials and feature a variety of speakers and accents.
- A comprehensive writing syllabus gives students step-by-step guidance in producing a wide variety of text types.
- Culture focus pages in "Matrix Pre-Intermediate" provide opportunities for students to look at cross-cultural and cross-curricular themes.
- Reading for pleasure pages expose students to authentic literary texts.
- Revision focus pages review language and skills as students' progress through the course.
- A grammar reference and extensive wordlist with definitions and examples give extra support for students and teachers.