Expert advice on getting the best possible financing for your business
This extraordinary guide answers one of the most urgent questions facing small business owners and entrepreneurs today: how can I get the financing I need on the best possible terms? Finding Money offers a fortune in inside information and practical advice on who has the money, how they operate, and how you can convince them to lend you money or invest in your business. You'll profit from the authors' experiences in banking, investing, and business ownership as you learn:
- What's available: detailed guidance on a whole spectrum of financing sources, including private investors and venture capital funds, banks and finance companies, leasing companies, SBA loans and other government programs, and many more
- How to apply for a loan: what to include in a loan proposal, what criteria are used to evaluate a loan request (including the new method of Credit Scoring), how loans are commonly structured, and what to do if a loan is declined
- Who the investors are and how to pick the right ones for your business: the pros and cons of the different kinds of investments, how investors evaluate business plans and what to include in yours, insider secrets of negotiating with investors, and more
- How much you need: how to calculate the amount of money a business needs to start or to grow, plus hundreds of useful tips on managing cash
- How others have done it: instructive, behind-the-scenes stories of business financing successes and failures from some of the country's top bankers, venture capitalists, accountants, and lawyers
Over 30 valuable tables and charts quickly give you vital information on how to negotiate the lowest loan rates and fees; the value of taking trade discounts; lease vs. buy decisions; break-even analysis; and much more.