"Happy Earth" is a two-level topic-based course for children who are ready to build on early reading and writing. It is suitable for use after "Happy Street", and extends the vocabulary and structures from the first years of English. Through a wide range of factual information, it develops the children's language skills and awareness of the world.
- Topic-based units with world information, animal fun, and fantasy;
- Reading texts with an authentic feel;
- Songs, chants, and 'make-and-do' activities with a language focus;
- A puzzle adventure story, 'Where on Earth?', giving a flavour of culture in different countries;
- 4 'Do you remember?' revision sections;
- 4 optional 'Read all about it!' extended reading sections;
- 2 plays for acting in small groups.
- Vocabulary and grammar practice;
- A writing syllabus with real-life tasks and guided picture composition;
- Pronunciation puzzles and rhymes.
- Detailed notes on factual topics and cultural background;
- Extra games, teaching ideas, and photocopiable pairwork;
- 8 Unit tests and 4 Revision tests.
Cassettes / Audio CDs:
- Songs, chants, and pronunciation rhymes;
- Stories, dialogues, and listening material for the tests.