What does it take to make great digital video? The right equipment, the right skills, and Jan Ozer's advice.
PC Magazine's digital video authority delivers the details that will help you make videos you can be proud of. Here's the lowdown on which camera to choose (and why), how to shoot the best footage, how to capture the best sound, how to get your video from the camera to your computer, what to do when you get it there, and how to produce a showstopper from start to finish.
Author Jan Ozer offers expert advice on:
- Deciding what you do and don't need in a digital camcorder
- Selecting a DV or analog capture solution
- Picking the perfect video editor
- Getting the right DVD-authoring package and recorder
- Shooting terrific footage and capturing sound that's just right
- Outputting your project in various formats
- And producing professional-quality DVDs
The book's CD-ROM includes audio and video files comparing consumer and prosumer camcorders and demonstrating techniques like noise removal; MyDV D, Pinnacle Studio, Ulead Video Studio, RealONE Player, muvee auto Producer trial versions, and more.