A clear-cut, practical approach to software development! Emphasizing both the design and analysis of the technology, Peters and Pedrycz have written a comprehensive and complete text on a quantitative approach to software engineering. As you read the text, you'll learn the software design practices that are standard practice in the industry today. Practical approaches to specifying, designing and testing software as well as the foundations of Software Engineering are also presented. And the latest information in the field, additional experiments, and solutions to selected problems are available at the authors's web site (httpp//www.ee.umanitoba.ca/~clib/main.html). Key Features
* Thorough coverage is provided on the quantitative aspects of softwareEngineering including software measures, software quality, software costs and software reliability.
* A complete case study allows students to trace the application of methods and practices in each chapter.
* Examples found throughout the text are in C++ and Java.
* A wide range of elementary and intermediate problems as well as more advanced research problems are available at the end of each chapter.
* Students are given the opportunity to expand their horizons through frequent references to related web pages.