Mathematica's diverse capabilities make it particularly well suited to perform the many calculations encountered in statistics. This book introduces Mathematica for various types of statistical computations. It covers a broad range of topics, and should appeal to both students and professional statisticians.
* Comprehensive: Covers the use of Mathematica for applications ranging from descriptive statistics, through multiple regression and nonparametric methods; uses virtually all of Mathematica's built-in statistical commands, as well as those contained in various Mathematica packages; Additionally, the authors have written numerous procedures to extend Mathematica's capabilities, which are also included on the CD-ROM
* Easy to read: Uses "by example" approach authors have used in several other books about Mathematica: works for beginners and experts alike
* Applied: Examples from diverse disciplines, including biostatistics, business, statistics, econometrics, engineering, and psychology
* Up-to-date: Compatible with Mathematica Version 3
* Includes CD-ROM: with all Mathematica inputs from text and also numerous procedures to extend Mathematica's built-in, statistical capabilities