Book DescriptionThink like a programmer!
Now updated to integrate Java 5.0, Cay Horstmann's Java Concepts, Fourth Edition provides an up-to-date, highly effective, and accessible introduction to the Java language and a solid grounding in fundamental computer science concepts. Drawing on his many years of experience as a career programmer and teacher, Horstmann will inspire you to think like a programmer and develop the problem-solving skills you need to succeed in your course and future career.
* Updated coverage to integrate Java 5.0. The text can still be used with older versions of Java.
* An approach that goes beyond language syntax to focus on computer science concepts and problem solving. The text encourages youto think as a problem solver and equips you with the tools you need to design efficient and successful programs.
* Review of Chapters 2 and 3 shows a gradual and student-friendly approach that is a Horstmann trademark.
* Horstmann provides extras like Quality Tips and Productivity Hints that give the user an inside track on the material. As always, there is a strong emphasis on the pragmatic and practical aspects of programming.
* Carefully developed problems and easy-to-understand examples. Java Concepts is loaded with exercises and examples, and you can find the code for examples online.
* The Programming Style Guide. Available online, the Programming Style Guide helps you develop a consistent style for all of your programming projects.
* New to this edition is an accessible and colorful text layout that helps you find the information that you need when you need it.
Other books by Cay Horstmann
Big Java, Second Edition, 0-471-70615-9
Object-Oriented Design and Patterns, 0-471-31966-X
Big C++ (with Timothy Budd), 0-471-47063-5
Computing Concepts with C++ Essentials, Third Edition, 0-471-16437-2