Packed with over 125 festive recipes, inspirational styling ideas, helpful information on planning and decorating, and stunning lifestyle photography, Williams-Sonoma Holiday Entertaining offers a fresh approach to celebrating the season. With a family-friendly focus, this 288-page guide inspires you to entertain during the holidays, with advice on how to plan, what to serve, and ways to make your celebration-and table-memorable.
The book begins with a comprehensive and visually rich section on planning and decorating for the holidays. Sixteen suggested menus offer a full range of occasions for winter entertaining, from a holiday brunch or cocktail party to a fireside fondue party.
Next, there are three occasion-driven chapters dedicated to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. Each chapter illustrates a celebration and includes a detailed planning spread, a how-to idea for a centerpiece, plus additional inspirations for seasonal style, such as ways to make holiday place settings special and how to decorate with candles.
The recipes are organized into eight chapters: drinks, hors d'oeuvres, soups & salads, mains, sides, desserts, breakfasts, and gifts from the kitchen. Recipes include contemporary twists on favorite classics, such as Roast Turkey with Sage Stuffing, Gingered Cranberries, and Pumpkin Pie with Walnut Crust. There are also seasonally themed specialties, like a Mojito Peppermint Fizz, Fresh Cracked Crab with Chili Dipping Sauce, and Blood Orange Granita.
- Everything you need to plan memorable holiday gatherings in a single, inspiring volume;
- More than 125 kitchen-tested recipes give holiday classics a modern twist;
- Full-color photographs and easy-to-follow preparation and cooking instructions;
- Includes creative gourmet holiday gifts from the kitchen;
- Sidebars throughout offer tips and ideas for successful party planning.