"The New Cambridge English Course" is a four-level course for learners of English. Level 3 takes students from pre-intermediate up to a good intermediate level. It can be used with learners who have studied Levels 1 and 2 of the course, or as an independent intermediate course.
"The New Cambridge English Course 3":
- teaches all the language and skills necessary at intermediate lever;
- provides a minimum of 72 hours' classwork organised in two-page 90-minute lessons;
- is divided into five blocks, each containing eight lessons followed by a Summary, a Revision and Fluency Practice section and a Revision Test;
- is organised so that each block provides four "general-purpose" lessons; two lessons focusing on special problems of grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation; and two lessons focusing on specific skills;
- includes a Grammar Revision Section at the back of the Student's Book with optional extra classwork on basic grammar points;
- involves the learner in discussing and formulating grammar rules and explanations;
- encourages imagination, creativity and personal expression;
- provides frequent opportunities for student choice.