Book DescriptionIt's easy to become overwhelmed by the sheer volume of books about business. A quick glance at the shelves of any bookstore presents a cacophany of advice, fads and panaceas. It's about time someone sifted through it all to provide a clear picture of what business is really about and to highlight the rare nuggets of valuable insight.
Smart Things to Know About Business is the book you've been looking for - it guides you past the hype and the jargon to show you how every part of a successful business contributes to just a few, simple goals. James Leibert takes you on a high-speed tour of the smartest business ideas, showing you which are useful and where to find out more.
Along the way, you'll learn the essential secrets behind any successful business:
- the highest priority is to create real value for your customers as efficiently as possible, making money will inevitably follow.
- get an edge over your competitors using one of three basic methods: constantly innovating; focusing on one small part of the market; or dominating key industry resources
- make management more effective by helping employees innovate and solve problems themselves
- keep control of the company by getting the right information at the right time
- navigate corporate politics without having to becoming a politician
- always keep one eye on the future
Whether you are an entrepreneur or a manager, an engineer or a salesman, an executive or a simply an interested consumer, this is the book you need to help you make sense of the business world.
Smart Quotes: "People always overestimate how complex business is. This isn't rocket science" Jack Welch, Former Chairman and CEO, GE